Thursday, September 13, 2018

Collaborating with the Enemy book


I just came to read this book and since I did this blog initially to remind myself about technical things or art references online and also, share them along the way, I though it will be a good idea to share this.

Adam Kahane, the author, is a International consultan on complex negociations... When I mean complex, it means to  reunite war enemies because, war and internationsl confilcts at some point need to be solved by negociations after years of brutality, wasting resources, etc. So, these are the level of complexity this book talk about.

Now, to my every day reality, and I hope that for you too, these are not the issues we need to solve but still, we need to collaborate with people that sometimes have different agendas, cultures, don't care about what you need or they are defensive because when you need to solve something, it affect them.

Conflict is part of collaboration and this took me years to embrace it. But the way it need to be solved it's what make a difference and I have seen this from the Leader point of view and also as part of the team that need to follow the Lead. I have had great and awful leads and directors and all of them gave me a lesson... But, who want to be that awful Leader? I guess nobody, but still you found them because it is not easy.

Also, what a Leader is, at least in a creative enviroment has a lot in collaboration and a difficult balance between freedom and specific direction.

I cannot descirbe the book in details due rights of course but I will share one video I found from the author:





No comments:

       

new movie I am working on is coming soon

Voir cette publication sur Instagram The new crazy movie I’m working on has a new poster, new memes on the road ! #spong...